Holley HydraMat offer fuel starvation protection and greatly reduce the potential for air to enter into a fuel system. With a wide assortment of sizes and footprints, HydraMats can fit virtually any cell! Since the area of the HydraMat is uncovered, tiny pores in the media seal off through surface tension, forcing fuel to be drawn from other areas of the mat where fuel continues to be available. A HydraMat also acts as a 15 micron pre-filter eliminating the need for a separate filter before the fuel pump.
- Patent pending design that solves the problems associated with traditional fuel pick-ups in stock fuel tanks as well as racing fuel cells
- Perfect for vehicles experiencing fuel starvation during hard cornering, acceleration, stopping, inclines, and low fuel conditions
- Surface tension and fluid wicking allow the HydraMat to continue to draw fuel from the tank or cell even when part of the mat uncovered
- Unique internal reservoir assists in keeping fuel available at the pickup even under extreme fuel slosh conditions
- Eliminates the need for specialty reservoirs, sumps and pick up pumps saving cost and greatly reducing complexity
- Can be folded and compressed for easy installation through a variety of fuel cell openings
- Works with Alcohol, Ethanol, Methanol, and E-85 fuels, and 2-cycle oil blends as high as 20:1
Not for use with most oils (see previous point for exceptions). Not for use with diesel fuels.